I was born in Rome (Italy) in 1983.
I got my Ph.D.in Telecommunications and Microelectronics Engineering from the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” in May, 2015, defending the thesis “Video Streaming in Information-Centric Networks”.
I have been a member of the European Union project DEMONS, developing a FPGA-based port scan attack detector to be used in real time, high speed networks. Currently, I am a member of the EU/Japan project GreenICN, working on video streaming and data mobility on ICN networks.
During my Ph.D. I collaborated with Telecom Italia, in developing smart devices-based strategies for collaborative networks, with particular focus on the applications of Information-Centric Networking on Adaptive Video Streaming.
In 2014 I have been a visiting Ph.D. student of the Networking group at the Georg-August-Universität of Göttingen, Germany, where I worked as a member of the EU/Japan project GreenICN on ICN related activities.
- E-mail: bruno -dot- ricci -at- uniroma2 -dot- it
- Land-line phone: +39 06 7259 7445
- Netgroup lab (map)
- Information-Centric Networking
- Adaptive Video Streaming
- Collaborative Networking
- Data mobility
- Andrea Detti, Bruno Ricci, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi: “Supporting mobile applications with Information Centric Networking: the case of P2P live adaptive video streaming”. Proceedings of the 3rd ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2013). 2013, August 12th, Hong Kong, China. (pdf)
- Andrea Detti, Bruno Ricci, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi: “Peer-To-Peer Live Adaptive Video Streaming for Information Centric Cellular Networks”. Proceedings of the 24th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2013). 2013, September 8th, London, United Kingdom. (pdf)
- Fabio Malabocchia, Romeo Corgiolu, Maurizio Martina, Andrea Detti, Bruno Ricci, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi: “Using Information Centric Networking for Mobile Devices Cooperation at the Network Edge”. Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE 81st Vehicular Technology Conference (IEEE VTC-Spring 2015). 2015, May 11-14. Glasgow, United Kingdom. (pdf)
- Andrea Detti, Bruno Ricci, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi: “Mobile Peer-To-Peer Video Streaming over Information-Centric Networks”. Elsevier’s Computer Networks, 2015. (pdf)
- Andrea Detti, Bruno Ricci, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi: “Tracker-assisted rate adaptation for MPEG DASH live streaming”. To appear in the Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM) 2016. 2016, April 10-15. San Francisco, United States of America.